How to participate?
- Choose the sites to photograph — You can use lists of cultural heritage sites in Pakistan on Wikipedia to find subjects to photograph. The region-wise pages enlist the names and locations of sites.
- Photograph the sites — You can take multiple photos of the same site – interior and exterior shots, specific architectural details, different times of day, different angles. You’re also welcome to submit photos you may have taken in the past. It doesn’t matter when the photos were taken.
- Register for an account — If you don’t have an account on Wikipedia, you can create it here. You will have to provide your e-mail address when creating the account so we can contact you if your photograph wins.
- Upload the photos — Visit lists of cultural heritage sites in Pakistan on Wikipedia and click the upload photo icon in front of the concerned site on lists and follow the instructions in the upload wizard. There is no limit to how many photos you can enter. We would advise however, that you be selective and only upload your best shots! Upload the photos before the final deadline of 24:00 PST on 30th September, 2016.
Only few rules
- Photos must be of an eligible listed site. The eligible sites are listed here. Photos of non-eligible sites will be disqualified.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by you. Please make sure that you are not uploading someone else’s photos. Contestants as well entries that constitute copyright infringement and fraud will be disqualified.
- Images with watermarks, copyright symbols and timestamp are not allowed and could disqualify a potential winning entry.
If you have a questions about entering the competition that is not covered here, please feel free to contact us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or use the contact form.